CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The End of the Pain

I got the cast off my ankle about 5 weeks ago. Then, I had to wear a huge bionic brace - all the time - sleeping showering, etc. But, at least I could loosen it when my leg swelled and I knew I could take it off for a few minutes if I was really going crazy. That made a huge difference to me. About 2 weeks ago, I graduated to an elaborate ankle brace. This sucker has 2 lace up and velcro parts, 2 long straps that criss-cross and go up the side of my ankle, and one wide strap around the top of the brace. It's quite the feat of engineering - I accidently wore it upside down for several days!

So, now I am desperately trying to catch up on all the stuff I couldn't do while I was impaired and couldn't drive. Best of all: I'm going to Houston to see the Wallace's for a week! Woohoo!

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY

have fun on vacation and I'm so glad you are getting some freedom w/o a cast!

JMadd

Will you please send me your email address? I finally have the blogging questionnaire ready.
madden_jen@hotmail.com

Post a Comment