CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Classmates

School has started again, and working at a university, I still get some of the new-school-year thrill. Nothing like when I was a kid, or when my children were in school, but still. . . . So, I decide to look on ClassMates.something for my high school in Atlanta. I was able to see MANY names that I think I recognized. But, after 36 years, who the heck knows? I clicked on a few names with pictures and stories and was struck by how OLD everyone looks! (I need to get younger friends since I'm sure I don't look nearly that old) There was not one person that I actually felt like I'd want to contact. Many of them had obviously had VERY different lives than I have, and I can't imagine we'd have much in common. Am I the only one who is somewhat dismayed/concerned/appalled at 54 year old men who are still playing their electric guitars in their garages? *sigh*

3 comments:

lavanita

Well, at least they're having fun and playing electric guitars in the garage is MUCH better than chasing 20 year-olds at a bar! Comatose in front of the TV isn't any better and that's probably what the other ones are doing :)

Looli

I'm appalled at 30 yr olds playing guitar in thier garages...a little wierd if you are older than 23...or married, or have kids....

Love the blog!!!

Olivia Wallace

Yeah for Guh Leseburg! Another blog for me to stalk...

Post a Comment