CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

If Sunday is a day of rest, why am I so tired?

Last night as I lay down to bed, I remembered I hadn't gotten any rolls for the SuperBowl festivities. Since we were having sandwiches, it was kind of important. I try to never go to the store on Sunday and decided I'd make some in the morning. So, as soon as I was up, I made a double batch of rolls -- making them a little bigger than usual rolls. (Wouldn't you know I'd used up my frozen roll dough the day before for scones at lunch) Then, went to church, including almost 2 hours in the nursery. I had prepared my lesson and some other visual aids in the morning. So we come right home, I get dinner together and out on the bar -- did I mention I made deviled eggs, too? After dinner, I took Yaya and went to the basement to hem Sarah's jeans. Yaya played with buttons and tape while I hemmed 2 pairs of jeans, and one corduroy pair for Sarah. We came upstairs and I was dividing the food and repackaging -- some stuff for Sarah and Bob, and some for us.
As I was doing this clean up, I remembered I needed to do something with the two packaqges of chicken tenders. I decided to go for broke and cooked one package, until I could shred it - a little less than 2 pounds. Instead of just putting the cooked stuff in the freezer, I decided to go for broke and made SEVENTEEN BURRITOS to freeze. And then there was all THAT mess to clean up. I had a medium load of kitchen towels, pot holders, etc from the weekend, so I put that in the wash.
Nearly every weekend is a variation on this theme. No wonder I never get to any big projects.