CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 14, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY 2010

My dad and brother are buried in Sandy City cemetery - about 50 minutes from where I live. I didn't actually get there on Memorial Day, because I knew I'd be going up that way later in the week. This cemetery doesn't have an actual injunction against plastic flowers, but 95 % of the flowers in these pictures are real. It looked almost gaudy, because there were so many flowers. Apparently this year, they didn't put flags on the veteran's graves, either.(looking east from Dad's grave)
(looking north from Dad's grave)

This is Dad and Jeff's grave marker. I brought the flamingo in the top center. I think this is the first time in 8+ years I haven't cried at the cemetery.
That made me feel like crying.




0 comments:

Post a Comment